High School Class
Target Audience: High School Students
Books and Material: This is a 4-year, 160-lesson plan that covers a student’s entire span of time in the high school class with different material but with a repeating pattern of 8 themes (i.e., 5 exposures to the same theme each year at 8 week intervals). The themes are as follows:
- Get a life – accept God’s invite.
- Be the branch – connect to the vine of Jesus.
- Prepare for battle – put on the armor of God and the sword of the Spirit.
- Make someone’s day – sacrificially “suffer” like Christ.
- Be tough, not rough – balance the teeter-totter of love and truth.
- Different strokes for different folks – seek first to understand.
- Turn, turn, turn – there is a season.
- Analyze and synthesize – uncover and plan to God’s glory.
When and Where: Sunday morning during school year at 10:15 AM in the high school room
More details: Each week, we review a Biblical example, a life application (via a story or movie clip), and/or a music video that applies to the theme that week. Every ninth week, we go to McDonald’s to review and celebrate what the students have learned.
For questions ask: Phil Koenig